Not only is it important to have positive support, energy, and love around you during labor, it’s also important to have some essentials in your birth environment that will give you a feeling of calmness and tranquility. Here’s a list of some things that made me feel a little more comfortable during my stay at the hospital plus several more:
* iPad, iTouch, CD player etc. something that plays music!! Be sure to have your music selection ready to go well in advance so you won’t have to fumble with it, luckily my hubby was on the job so I did’t have to worry about music 🙂
* Candles (If allowed, you probable can sneak one or two tea lights shhhh)
* Incense or Oil and burner/diffuser
* Video Camera or Cell phone (some places will not allow you to film so be sure to check, we weren’t allowed but did it anyway shhhh…lol…)
*Birth or exercise ball
* Lip Balm
* Birth/Prayer Beads
* Rice Packs (filled w/dried lavendar or whatever you choose and rice) you can use it hot or cold.
* You favorite water bottle
If you’re giving birth at a center or hospital you may want to check their policy on some of the items listed.
I’ll be doing a post soon on remedies to help soothe before, during and after labor in the next couple of days, if you have any questions about any of the items above please feel free to contact me at Yvette@welldonebabies.com